We Are A People Of Grace: God loved us while we were still sinners, not waiting for us to “get it right” in order to pursue relationship with us. We desire to have that same atmosphere in our relationships, fostering an atmosphere that is both free of legalism and full of the freedom that comes through knowing all sin is forgiven.
- Eph. 2:8-9 “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
We Are A People Of The Word: In the Bible, we have God’s instruction about Himself, about us, and about how we are to live our lives. We purpose to learn, to instruct, and to submit ourselves to the teachings of the Bible.
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.”
We Are A People Of The Spirit: God’s presence among us is made evident through the work of His Spirit. We gladly depend on the direction and empowerment of the Holy Spirit for effective ministry and are a charismatic church. We expect the presence of God among us when we gather together, anticipating and encouraging spiritual gifts to be used as a regular and ongoing practice.
- Acts 1:8 “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
We Respond To God In Worship: God’s salvation extended to us through Jesus Christ causes us to respond! We celebrate His grace and goodness in our lives, declaring the greatness and majesty of God with thankful hearts. This finds expression both when we gather together and throughout our every-day lives.
- Romans 12:1 “Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – this is your spiritual act of worship.”
- Psalm 100:2 “Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.”
We Engage With God Through Prayer: God’s power gets things done much more effectively than our own limited wisdom or strength and we happily acknowledge our reliance on Him! We believe God moves on our behalf and gives us direction as we enjoy relationship with Him through prayer. As we pray we come relationally to Him as our Father, much as Jesus did (Luke 11:2).
- Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
- James 5:16 “The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.”
We Love Generosity: God’s work in our hearts transforms us to be radical givers from the way we tip in a restaurant to the way we invest our time, skills and finances in the local church and in others. He blesses His people for the purpose of extending His Kingdom.
- 2 Corinthians 9:8 “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.”
- Proverbs 11:25 “A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.”
We Are Multi-Generational: God has revealed Himself as the “God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob,” (Exodus 3:16) a God who works through generations. We are a church where the old and young are valued, with special emphasis on reaching the future generations of emerging leaders. This coupling of the wisdom of those with more experience with the zeal of younger believers produces tenacity, vitality and strength.
- Psalm 71:17 “O God, from my youth you have taught me, and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds. So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come.”
We Live Missionally: God’s mission on the earth can be summed up, “to seek and save the lost (Luke 19:10).” We embrace Jesus’ invitation to us to join with Him in reaching and transforming all people groups with the good news that Jesus saves. This begins locally and continues out into nations.
- Matthew 28:18-20 “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
We Love Our City: God loves cities. In fact, the fulfillment of His purpose on the earth is revealed in Revelation 21 as a city! We desire to serve and be a meaningful part of the great city of Spokane. We are here to join in what God is doing in the families, neighborhoods, universities and industries of this city and to invite people to join in what God is doing with us.
We Embrace And Empower The Poor: God’s heart for the poor is revealed throughout the Bible through His admonition to “remember the poor.” We receive this commission wholeheartedly and look for ways to genuinely bless the poor in our own church family, city and beyond.
- Galatians 2:10 “The only thing they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do.”
- Luke 4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor.”
- Psalm 113:7-8 "He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap, / to make them sit with princes, with the princes of his people."
We Start And Support New Churches: God directed His followers to go make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:18). Those followers obeyed that command by beginning new churches everywhere they went. We purpose to equip, release and partner with God-appointed leaders to begin new grace-filled churches within the Spokane area, our region and the world.
We Work Together In Team: God has revealed Himself in the context of team: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We see that the Bible clearly states that the local church is to be led by a team of elders. This team of qualified men is charged with the responsibility to equip and release the church, both men and women, into the varied ministry and leadership roles that are so vital to a healthy church! Every area of ministry functions best when teams of people serve together.
- Acts 14:23 “And when they had appointed elders [plural] for them in every church, with prayer and fasting they committed them to the Lord in whom they had believed.”
- 1 Corinthians 12:18-20 “God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose. If all were a single member, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, yet one body.”
We Receive Apostolic & Prophetic Ministry: Because the church is built on Jesus Christ through the foundation laid by apostles and prophets, we willingly receive and actively pursue relationship with recognized apostolic and prophetic ministries, especially within the Regions Beyond and Newfrontiers family of churches. These foundational ministries help local leadership to clarify and focus vision and direction, stretching our vision to include cities & nations while also giving specific input as to how to “be the church” in our time and location.
- Ephesians 2:20 “Built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone.”